Sunday, July 27, 2014

Divergent Series

7/27/14

I'm currently reading the Divergent series, but since everyone has read them, I'm not going to review them.  I just started the third book Allegiant, and my sister has warned me many a times that I will cry and hate the entire series by the time I finish this book... so I'm really weary of finishing it.

But so far, I liked Divergent  and Insurgent.  Tris gets on my nerves a little because I think she makes stupid decisions, and I'm a huge fan of Four/Tobias, which makes me feel like he's going to die in Allegiant because otherwise I don't know why I would get upset at the end of the series unless he dies.  Ultimately, the worst scenario that I can think of right now, would be Tris killing Tobias.  That would piss me off.

I like the premise of the books.  I haven't seen the movie yet, so I'm waiting for it to come out on Netflix or OnDemand so I can watch it.

We'll see what my reaction to the series is once I finish Allegiant...

8/1/14

I saw the movie Divergent.  It was pretty good.  The book was better, of course.  But I didn't hate the movie.  I wanted Tobias to be hotter than he was, but I slowly grew to find his attractive.

Now that I've finished Allegiant, I understand why my sister hated it.  I probably would have been more upset with the ending if I didn't know that "something horrible happens".  If my sister wouldn't have given away that she bawled and hated the book, therefore, cluing me in that someone dies, I probably would have cried like a bitch.  But since I had a heads up, I was more sad and disappointed, rather than traumatized, like my sister.  (She still refuses to talk about the series.  HA HA). 

**SPOILER BELOW**

I understand WHY Veronica Roth killed off Tris, but... dammit!!  After all she and Tobias went through, I just wanted there to be a happy ending!  I found that I was more upset with how Tobias reacted to the news, than the fact that Tris actually died.  When Tris died I was sad and a little in shock, but when I read about Tobias finding out and how he took it,  I actually teared up.  ;(  Veronica Roth will be one of those authors that readers hate, like George R.R. Martin (Game of Thrones) because she killed off a favorite character.  Though, in my opinion, no author will ever be as evil as George R.R. Martin...

No comments:

Post a Comment