Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Gotta love Casting

So today is a day when I know why I want to be a casting director. =) Today they are casting for a commercial Halloween spoof of Geico, and grown men have to scream like little girls and weep. It's the funniest frickin thing!!! Because these are big guys that they're bringing in and then they "get scared" and scream. It's absolutely hilarious! I don't even have to be in the casting room to appreciate it, but it's even funnier watching them react!!! They curl their hands around their mouth and contort their faces... I have to cover my mouth to not ruin the takes! And watching the casting director give direction to get the best performance out of the actor is something I really like too. I WANT to do that. I want to know that I chose the actor for the client to see, and then I directed them to give the best performance they could, so then they could land the job. As a casting director you get the chance to work on several different projects and direct several different skits. It would be so much fun! I even like the office work involved (from what I've seen). I'm fairly certain THIS is what I want to do with my life. At least for now. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment