Sunday, August 18, 2013

"Edge of Oblivion" by J.T. Geissinger



Edge of Oblivion (A Night Prowler Novel) - J.T. Geissinger
(Book 2 of Night Prowler series)

[Note: I read Shadow's Edge several months ago, so I don't feel like I can accurately review it, unless I were to read it again.]  

After reading Shadow's Edge (the first book in the Night Prowler series), I had to read the second one.  Shadow's Edge kept me so intrigued that I wanted to know more!  But, the second book isn't about the original characters - Leander and Jenna.  *SPOILER ALERT* The second book follows Morgan, who plays a large role in the first book, and her punishment for turning against her Ikati tribe.

Morgan betrayed her Ikati tribe in the first book, yet you don't even think of her as a "bad guy".  Morgan's punishment is to find the headquarters of the Expurgari (the people who wish to exterminate the Ikati), but she only has 14 days to it.  If she fails, Xander, a trained assassin and her "keeper", will have to execute her.  But, of course, Xander and Morgan develop feelings for each other and Morgan goes into heat, so... there is a good amount of romance involved.  Steamy sex scenes, lots of action/fighting, and well developed characters keep you turning the pages for more!

Morgan is such a strong, free-willed female character, that the reader can't help but sympathize with her and root for her.  Even in the first book, where she isn't the main focus of the story, you like her almost immediately. Her ballsy attitude and no filter personality made me laugh and love her all the more.  Geissinger writes his characters in such a way that the reader immediately loves or hates them with such  passion that the reader becomes personally invested.

Final say:  If you like action and sex, read Edge of Oblivion.  You don't have to read Shadow's Edge first in order to understand Edge of Oblivion since the focus is on different characters.  Edge of Oblivion was a page turner and hard for me to put down.  Once I finished, I still thought about the story for several days later.  I fully plan to read the third installment, even if it doesn't deal with Xander and Morgan or Leander and Jenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment