Friday, August 16, 2013

YA Book Reviews

I think I can officially admit that I have an obsession with YA books.  I know I'm "too old" for them, but they are still my favorite!  I can't help it!  I didn't like reading in high school because I didn't like being TOLD what to read; but when I got to CHOOSE, I realized I liked YA.  A LOT.  Especially if they have a supernatural element involved. I'll be honest, at the time I really liked "Twilight" which wetted the palate for all the other series to come.

I have read the entire "Uglies" series, "Vampire Academy" series, "Hush Hush" series, and "Fallen" series.  Those are some of my favorite series and I plan on reading them again after I get through my pile of new books to read.  I'll definitely review those books when I revisit them, but for now, let's just call them "ALL TIME FAVORITES - MUST READS".

I have been lucky enough to have a friend who interns in the publishing world and he went to conventions and got me a plethora of advanced readers copies.  He definitely holds the title for "Favorite Friend of the Month" when we brings me new books!!  And, since I read them, and have opinions about them, I decided I might as well blog about them.  So - that's what this is going to be.  I'll dedicate one blog to one book, before I paperbackswap them out.  So - HERE GOES!!


No comments:

Post a Comment